New Student Enrollment

  • Georgetown Independent School District accepts enrollment from all students within the district boundaries who meet age, residency, and health requirements. Below are the answers to frequently asked questions about enrollment.

    Where will my child attend school?

    Students are required to attend school in the attendance zone of their primary residence, with some limited exceptions for students enrolled in special programs such as dual language or special education. General information on GISD attendance zones is available on the GISD Attendance Zones page.  If you need further assistance determining which attendance zone you live in, please contact the GISD Transportation Department at 512-943-5126. 

    When will new student enrollment sessions and kindergarten round-up be offered?

    Students who are new to the district and/or did not complete the 2018-2019 school year at a GISD school should plan to attend a new student enrollment session in the spring or summer.  Please see the 2019-2020 New Student Enrollment Dates  page for more details.  

    Students who move into the district during the school year must contact the registrar at the campus for an enrollment appointment. School phone numbers are listed on each school's profile page.    

    What documents will I need for enrollment?

    When enrolling a student for the first time in GISD, you will need to an online pre-enrollment application.

    You will also need to present the following documents in person to the school registrar or at a new student enrollment session listed above to complete your enrollment. Bring your original documents, plus one set of copies to leave with the registrar:
    • Original certified birth certificate
    • Social security card (if available)
    • Driver's license or photo ID for parent/guardian registering student
    • Current immunization record  (Click here to review immunization requirements
    • Current proof of residency in GISD (rental agreement, current utility bill in your name (gas, electric, water), property tax statement, signed purchase contract)
    • Withdrawal form from previous school district if transferring from a Texas school
    • Most recent report card and/or transcripts
    • Additional required documentation if applying for pre-kindergarten based on qualifying criteria (see below)

    Official birth certificates may be obtained by calling the state health department in the state where your child was born. In Texas, you may order a birth certificate online from the Bureau of Vital Statistics, call the office in Austin at 512-458-7111, or visit the Williamson County Clerk's office in person to obtain a Texas birth certificate.  Please allow sufficient time for your request to be processed. 

    High school students will need transcripts showing all credits earned to assist in course placement.  Otherwise, class registration may be delayed until official transcripts are received from previous schools.
    If you live with another family, do not have one of the documents listed, or have questions about the documents requested, please contact your school registrar for assistance. School phone numbers are listed on each school's profile page.   
    Please note: All required documents and your completed and approved online enrollment application are due to the campus registrar no later than 3 PM on Tuesday, August 13th in order to attend school on the first day of classes (Thursday, August 15th).

    What are the requirements for kindergarten enrollment?

    Children who live in GISD attendance zones and who will be 5 years old on or before September 1st are eligible for free, full-day kindergarten. 

    What are the requirements for pre-kindergarten enrollment? 

    Children who live in GISD attendance zones who will be 4 years old on or before September 1st and meet one of the following entrance criteria are eligible to attend pre-kindergarten at no cost:

    * Qualify for free or reduced lunch or currently receiving SNAP(food stamps)/TANF benefits
    * Homeless
    * Currently or previously in the DFPS foster-care system
    * Have one or both parents considered active duty military
    * Unable to speak or comprehend the English language
    * Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award 

    Details on documentation required for eligibility for each of these criteria can be found on the TEA website :