GISD zoned our school boundaries to optimize student capacity at our facilities while accommodating for our district’s student growth. Recognizing that GISD is a fast growth district, our intent is to develop boundaries that will allow us to rezone in a manner that has the least impact on students.
- Create attendance zones that utilize the student capacity of existing and new facilities.
- Create vertical feeder patterns for all campuses across the district.
- Minimize the impact on students and families.
Considerations1. Demographics2. Feeder Patterns3. Transportation4. Future Growth-Projections5. Special Programs
Using the Zone Locator
- Type your address in the top left-hand search box
- It will zoom into that location with a pop-out window that includes the address
- If you typed in an address, you can click on the location dot and the appropriate zoned school will open in a pop-out window
- You can click on the black arrow to scroll through the schools zoned to that address