Welcome To Mitchell Physical Education and Health!
Welcome to our gym! We are very excited about the health and physical education program at Mitchell Elementary, and look forward to getting to know both you and your children this year. Our program will provide the skills, knowledge and attitudes that facilitate choosing physical activity and good nutrition at school, home and in the community. As your child’s physical education and health teachers, we pledge to:
- Establish a positive, safe learning environment for all students
- Teach a variety of physical activities that make physical education class fun and enjoyable
- Promote student honesty, integrity and good sportsmanship
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of physical fitness
- Prepare and encourage students to practice skills and be active for a lifetime
Parents are always invited to visit our physical education/health classes.
To assure each student’s safety and success:
they must wear tennis shoes or rubber soled shoes with a strap or closed back – no flip flops or crocs please
- shorts should be worn under dresses
- students should dress appropriately for the weather
Coach Johnsonjohnsonco@georgetownisd.orgCoach Drummond
We can be reached by phone at 943-5000 ext. 8353.
By enhancing your children’s physical activity education, we are certain we will be able to help your children enjoy a lifetime of physical activity and good health. We welcome your support!
In Fitness and Fun,
Codie Johnson and Dana Drummond
This website will serve as a learning and information resource for students and parents.
Please use the navigation links on the left side of the page to access information about our activities.