Georgetown High School National Honor Society
May 5, 2020 Update: Stoles for Class of the Class of 2020 have been delivered to your home. If you did not receive a stole contact Julia Hodgson ASAP (email@example.com).
March 23, 2020 Update: Because we are unsure of when we will return to school the spring service requirement for the spring of 2020 was been waived. What does this mean? If you are a senior currently in good standing you will graduate with NHS Honors. If you are a junior or sophomore currently in good standing you will remain in good standing when you start the 2020-2021 school year. If you have any questions please email Julia Hodgson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Induction Ceremony will be on November 14, 2019, at 6:00 pm at the GISD Performing Arts Center (PAC). Reception following the induction ceremony. Guest speaker for the induction ceremony will be Ben McCready
October 21, 2019: If you submitted the NHS Request Form for new members emails have been sent to your GISD gmail account letting you know if you have been accepted or not as a new member. If you have been accepted as a new memeber you have also been added to a google classroom for NHS Members. Please join this class and complete the tasks listed in the google classroom.
October 2, 2019: Students who submitted the NHS Request Form will receive an email in late October (the email will be sent to your GISD gmail account) stating that they have either been accepted as a member or that they have not been accepted as a member of NHS. If you have any questions please contact Julia Hodgson at email@example.com or call 512-943-5100 ext 7022.
September 13, 2019: Sophomore, junior, and senior students who are NOT current NHS members but are academically eligible to become NHS members have been added to the google classroom "Students Eligible for NHS Membership." Students MUST accept the invitation to join the classroom and complete the New Member Request form by September 30! If you are a sophomore or junior and did not request membership this year - be on the lookout for the opportunity in September of 2020.
Memebers please sign up for Remind.
Seniors Text @efnd2020 to 81010
Juniors Text @efnd2021 to 81010
Sophomores Text @efnd2022 to 81010
Please refer to the Current NHS Members Google Classroom for the most current information about service opportunities and meetings.
NHS 2019-2020 Officers:
President - Burke Bridges
Vice President - Leah Shepard
Treasurer - Caroline Skeels
Secretary - Megan McLeod
Membership - Emily McLeod
512-943-5100 ext 7022
Room 167 GHS Main Campus
NHS Monthly Meetings
Monthly member meetings will be on the 2nd Wednesday of each month:
September 11, 2019
October 9, 2019
November 13, 2019
December 11, 2019
January 8, 2020
February 12, 2020
March 11, 2020
April 8, 2020
May 13, 2020
When: 8:00am and 4:10pm (attend either)
Where: GHS Lecture Hall
Why: Members MUST attend 6 meetings, minimally, to maintain membership!
Attendance at all 9 meetings is encouraged!Service hours - The rules
- You need 10 hours of documented community service per semester.
- At LEAST 5 of the 10 hours MUST be designated as group hours (group hours are listed in google classroom)
- Individual Hours can be accumulated on a service project or function of your choosing. This can be done by yourself or with others.
- Group hours are designated by the sponsors and officers and the opportunities are sent out via google classroom. If they are not posted here, they are not considered group hours.
- Service hours must be submitted electronically on the google form posted in google classroom.
- Take a selfie of you doing the volunteer work to use as proof you completed it.
- Students must attend meetings 3 times a semester. There's one meeting each month, in the morning and afternoon.