Georgetown High School National Honor SocietySign up for Remind
Did you get an orange slip? Here's the stuff you might need to fix it...
Service hours - The rules
- missing a contract? Print this out and get it signed: Files & Forms
- missing hours or meetings? Complete the make up hours, print this out and fill it in: Make up hours form Turn it in to get yourself back in good standing!!
Service Hours Opportunities -All listed here are GROUP HOURS
- You may not document anything from before Jan 1, 2019 as spring hours. Spring hours occur during the spring semester.
- You need 10 hours of documented community service per semester.
- At LEAST 5 of the 10 hours MUST be designated as group hours
- Individual Hours can be accumulated on a service project or function of your choosing. This can be done by yourself or with others.
- Group hours are designated by the sponsors and officers and the opportunities are sent out via twitter and remind. If they are not posted here, they are not considered group hours.
- Use this form to document your hours: Service Hours Form
- Make sure you have signatures. Another option is to take a selfie of you doing the volunteer work and show it to any sponsor or officer and we'll sign as proof you completed it.
BiG - Brookwood in Georgetown is a nonprofit organization that provides opportunities to physically and mentally challenged adults in our community. It's amazing!! On EVERY Tuesday all year from 6-8 pm, they would LOVE volunteers to help their clients finish projects they are working on. Address for BiG: 905 North Church Street. (If you can find the rec center and Zydeco Ice, you can find BiG. It's right in between!)
- Help at NHS induction ceremony 1/14/19 @ 6:00 pm, contact Mr. Bowen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blood drive, find more information in Remind
- Students must attend meetings 3 times a semester. There's one meeting each month, in the morning and afternoon.
- Remind code: @32c4c8
- Twitter Handle:
- Teamup Code: