Georgetown High School National Honor Society
Please sign up for Remind.
Seniors Text @efnd2020 to 81010
Juniors Text @efnd2021 to 81010
Sophomores Text @efnd2022 to 81010
NHS 2019-2020 Officers:
President - Burke Bridges
Vice President - Leah Shepard
Treasurer - Caroline Skeels
Secretary - Megan McLeod
Membership - Emily McLeod
512-943-5100 ext 7022
Room 167 GHS Main Campus
NHS Monthly Meetings
Monthly member meetings will be on the 2nd Wednesday of each month:
September 11, 2019
October 9, 2019
November 13, 2019
December 11, 2019
January 8, 2020
February 12, 2020
March 11, 2020
April 8, 2020
May 13, 2020
When: 8:00am and 4:10pm (attend either)
Where: Room 167 (Mrs. Hodgson’s room)
Why: Members MUST attend 6 meetings, minimally, to maintain membership!
Attendance at all 9 meetings is encouraged!Did you get an orange slip? Here's the stuff you might need to fix it...
Service hours - The rules
- missing a contract? Print this out and get it signed: Files & Forms
- missing hours or meetings? Complete the make up hours, print this out and fill it in: Make up hours form Turn it in to get yourself back in good standing!!
Service Hours Opportunities -All listed here are GROUP HOURS
- You may not document anything from before Jan 1 as spring hours. Spring hours occur during the spring semester.
- You need 10 hours of documented community service per semester.
- At LEAST 5 of the 10 hours MUST be designated as group hours
- Individual Hours can be accumulated on a service project or function of your choosing. This can be done by yourself or with others.
- Group hours are designated by the sponsors and officers and the opportunities are sent out via twitter and remind. If they are not posted here, they are not considered group hours.
- Use this form to document your hours: Service Hours Form
- Make sure you have signatures. Another option is to take a selfie of you doing the volunteer work and show it to any sponsor or officer and we'll sign as proof you completed it.
BiG - Brookwood in Georgetown is a nonprofit organization that provides opportunities to physically and mentally challenged adults in our community. It's amazing!! On EVERY Tuesday all year from 6-8 pm, they would LOVE volunteers to help their clients finish projects they are working on. Address for BiG: 905 North Church Street. (If you can find the rec center and Zydeco Ice, you can find BiG. It's right in between!)
- Additional group hour opportunities are posted in the NHS Google Classroom.
- Students must attend meetings 3 times a semester. There's one meeting each month, in the morning and afternoon.