Email Notification Settings
Your Skyward Family Access account will allow you to subscribe to receive food service balance notifications, grade progress reports, and attendance notifications for your students. You can turn these settings on or off or change the frequency of your notifications as follows.
- Log into Skyward Family Access. (instructions for login here)
- Click on the My Account link in the top right corner of the screen, next to your name and your Account Settings page will appear.
Account Settings: Updating Your Email Address & Contact Phone Numbers
- Update your email address and any phone numbers as needed under Account Settings.
- Click Save when done.
Updating Your Email Notification Preferences
- Towards the bottom of the page, under Email Notifications, you can check or uncheck the notifications you would like to receive and set the frequency. These settings apply to automated messages from Skyward.
- Click Save whe done.
Skylert/SchoolMessenger Family Language settings
If you are currently receiving Skylert/SchoolMessenger emails in either English or Spanish and want to change your preference, you can do so in Family Access.
- Click on the Student Info tab on the left side of the screen.
- When the Student Info page opens, click on "Request Changes for (Student Name)" and choose Family Information from the drop-down menu.
- In the Home Language field, type ENGLISH or SPANISH to set your email language preference for SchoolMessenger. Then click Save.
Other Skylert/SchoolMessenger settings
Some additional settings in Skyward Family Access control the campus and district e-newsletters that go out through SchoolMessenger/Skylert.
- Click on the Sklyert tab on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Your contact information for SchoolMessenger/Skylert will appear in the top of the page. You can change/update as needed.
- Make sure General News is checked for your email address so you receive campus/district e-news, transportation updates and schedules, and other important information.
- At the bottom of the page, you can add additional phone numbers or email addresses for family members like grandparents who ARE NOT parent/guardians in Skyward. This will allow them to also receive SchoolMessenger emails without being listed as the parent or guardian of your students.
- Check whether you would like those additional email addresses to receive Emergency alerts (school safety, closures, bad weather days), Attendance notifications, and/or General News and Surveys.
- Towards the bottom of the page, make sure your own cell phone number is listed to also receive text alerts, and add any other phone numbers needed for text messages.
- Click Save when done.