Amy Dedeyan - 6th Grade Mathematics
My Education & Background
I grew up in Alvin, Texas (a small town near Houston) and then later graduated from The University of Texas in Austin with a B.A. in Mathematics as well as a secondary teaching certificate. I am also ESL and GT certified. While in college, I met my husband, Paul. We have been married for 27 years and have three children. Shortly after getting married, I spent four years teaching at a private school in Cedar Park, Texas as a middle school and high school math teacher. I have taught multiple math classes, ranging from basic middle school math to high school calculus. I took time off teaching to be at home with my children, but spent several of those years working as a math tutor and school volunteer. I came back to teaching 8 years ago at Tippit, and I am so excited to be starting my 9th year here in 6th grade math.
- 1st Period - 6th Grade Math Core (8:40 - 9:31)
- 2nd Period - Conference Period (9:34 - 10:25)
- 3rd Period - Titan Time (10:28 - 10:59)
- Lunch - (10:59 - 11:30)
- 4th Period - Content Planning (11:33 - 12:24)
- 5th Period - 6th Grade Math Core (12:27 - 1:18)
- 6th Period - 6th Grade Math Core (1:21 - 2:12)
- 7th Period - 6th Grade Math Core (2:15 - 3:06)
- 8th Period - 6th Grade Pathway 3 Math (3:09 - 4:00)
Classwork Information:Videos of Notes and Assignments will be found on Schoology.com
- Remind Texts: To receive text message reminders...
- Text @6Dedeyan to 81010 to join the 6th Grade Math Core
- Text @6pathway3 to 81010 to join the 6th Grade Math Pathway 3
- Twitter Feed: @AmyDedeyan
- Phone: (512) 686-8183
- Email: email@example.com
- Office Hours: (during remote learning) Will be posted on schoology
- Go to classlink on your georgetownisd account
- Click on the Schoology icon
- If you are asked to sign in, use you school username and password. Your school is James Tippit Middle School.
- Pick the course that corresponds to your class period
- Go to the assigned unit and find the assigned Stop
- There are links to hard copies of assignments and notes on schoology that can be printed at home, or paper copies can be picked up during class.
Tutoring: Need extra help? Come to tutoring.
- Before school on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays 8:00 a.m. - 8:35 a.m.
- After school on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays 4:00p.m. - 4:30p.m. (if planned ahead of time)
- You will need a pass to come before school - you can pick one up in class.