Fountas & Pinnell Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI)
We will read the same book the whole week.
- Monday: I read aloud while they follow along. The focus is on comprehension.
- Tuesday: Popcorn read. The focus will be on vocabulary.
- Wednesday: Silent read. The focus will be on phonics.
- Thursday: Echo read with an emphasis on fluency. The focus will be on writing.
- Friday: Test reading passage individually. Quiz over story.
* At the end of each period, I read aloud a chapter book.
I will give participation grades and quiz grades. For Participation:
- 100: Student completed task without any prompts
- 90: Student needed 1 reminder to complete task
- 80: Student needed 2 reminders to complete task
- 70: Student needed 3 reminders to complete task
- 50: Student refused to complete task or needed 4 + reminders
*There are extra credit assignments available per student request
For Quiz grades:
- Students will make what they score on the quiz. As of now, they will be able to use their book/notes on the quiz. The plan is to eventually not have it be an open-book quiz. They have one chance to make up the quiz.
Special Education Early Childhood-Twelfth Grade
Generalist Early Childhood- Twelfth Grade
512-943-5040 Ext. 6466
Masters in English with a minor in Special Education
Bachelors in Sociology with a minor in Journalism
I have 2 amazing kiddos ♥ My son's name is Liam and my daughter's name is Scarlett. They both love school and go to Wolf Ranch Elementary. I have two sisters. I do have middle child syndrome! I grew up in Spicewood and went to Marble Falls from Pre-K through my Senior year. I love anything pink and glittery! My favorite things are candles, pigs, books, pens, Starbucks, and Chick-Fil-A.