Student Needs Questionnaire
Georgetown ISD Department of Guidance and Wellness will be administering a Student Needs Questionnaire to all high school students during the month of October.
The questionnaire will be administered on the following dates:
- East View High School - Wednesday, October 3, 2017
- Georgetown High School - Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Richarte High School - Thursday, October 12, 2017
The questionnaire addresses both academic and personal concerns in the form of a scale, from “almost always” to “never.” The questions are listed below for your review.
- I need help being more organized
- I need help managing my time better
- I need help improving my study skills
- I need help with reducing test anxiety
- I need help improving my test-taking skills
- I need help understanding what my test scores mean in relation to my academic career
- I need help understanding the best career options for me
- I need help planning my options after high school
- I will stay in school until I graduate from high school
- I will continue my education after high school
- I have concerns about making friends
- I need help getting involved in school activities
- I have dating or relationship problems
- I have concerns about my alcohol and/or drug use
- I need help gaining more self-confidence and feeling better about myself
- I have trouble expressing my feelings and thoughts
- I have trouble getting along with other students
- I need help getting along better with family
- I need skills for solving conflicts
- I grieve over the loss of a loved one
- I struggle to deal with the divorce or separation of my parents
I have a trusted adult that I can talk to when I need help. Yes/No
In the last 30 days, I have experienced one or more of the following: depression, or anxiety. I would like to talk to my school counselor about this soon. Yes/No
In the last 30 days, I have experienced one or more of the following: suicidal thoughts, self-harming thoughts or behavior. I would like to talk to my school counselor about this today. Yes/No
We want parents to be aware there is a question that asks students if they have thoughts about hurting themselves. On the day the questionnaire is administered, additional counselors will be on-hand at the campus to review all questionnaires and meet with students who indicated they are struggling and would like to visit with a counselor. All students are encouraged, but will not be required to participate in the questionnaire.
If you have questions or concerns about the Student Needs Questionnaire, please contact your child’s counselor.