Veterans Day Celebrations Across Georgetown ISD
The celebration of Veterans Day is a
long-standing tradition in Georgetown ISD. The district will be honoring those
who have served in the armed forces with a variety of programs and
ceremonies held throughout the day on Veterans Day, Wednesday, November
11. We invite veterans and active military members in our community to join
us at any of the celebrations detailed below.
If you participate in one of Wednesday's events and want to share photos or thoughts, please use the hashtag #GISDVetsDay on social media sites such as Twitter and Instagram to help us showcase all of the events celebrating our community's veterans.
The first celebration of the day will begin at 7:30 AM at the GISD Administrative Building located at 603 Lakeway Drive in Georgetown. A ceremony by the flagpole featuring the NJROTC Liberty Battalion Honor Guard and The Accidentals a capella singing group will honor all veterans in attendance. Immediately following the ceremony, a continental breakfast reception sponsored by Suddenlink Communications will be held in the board room.
More Celebrations Around the District
Campus assemblies and other events will take place at the following times:
- 8:15 AM – Ford Elementary Cafeteria
- 8:30 AM – Carver Elementary Cafeteria
- 8:30 AM – McCoy Elementary Cafeteria
- 8:30 AM – Village Elementary Gym
- 9:00 AM – Benold Middle School Gym
- 9:00 AM – Cooper Elementary Gym
- Includes a presentation from the San Gabriel Masonic Lodge of a U.S. Flag flown over the U.S. Capitol.
- 9:00 AM – Frost Elementary Cafeteria
- 9:00 AM – Mitchell Elementary Cafeteria
- 9:00 AM – Tippit Middle School Gym
- 9:30 AM – Pickett Elementary Cafeteria
- 9:30 AM – Williams Elementary Auditorium
- Guest Speaker Dr. Marsha Farney, District 20 Texas House Representative.
- 10:00 AM – Georgetown High School Choir Performs at The Wesleyan at Scenic
- See details below.
- 10:45 AM – Georgetown-Williamson County Veterans Memorial Veterans Day Ceremony
- Featuring East View High School Band, Orchestra, and Choir. See details below.
- 1:30 PM – Purl Elementary Cafeteria
- 2:40 PM – Forbes Middle School Gym
- 7:00 PM – Thankful: A Tribute to Veterans at Klett Center for the Performing Arts
- Featuring East View High School Choir, Band, Orchestra, Drum & Fife Corps, and NJROTC. See details below.
The Georgetown High School Choir will be performing for residents and guests at 10:00 AM at the The Wesleyan at Scenic located at 2001 Scenic Drive in Georgetown.
The East View High School Band, Orchestra, and Choir will provide music for the Veterans Day Ceremony at the Georgetown-Williamson County Veterans Memorial located at 2 Texas Drive in Sun City. Music will begin at 10:45 AM and the ceremony will begin at 11:00 AM. The Sun City Community Association will serve refreshments after the ceremony.
Veterans Day celebrations will conclude with Thankful: A Tribute to Our Veterans, presented by the East View High School Choir, Band, Orchestra, Drum and Fife Corps, and NJROTC at 7:00 PM. Doors open at 6:30 PM. The event is free of charge and will take place in the Klett Center for the Performing Arts located at 2211 N. Austin Avenue in Georgetown. During the event, veterans will be invited to the stage to be recognized. Immediately following the performance, a dessert and coffee reception will be held in the Georgetown High School cafeteria adjacent to the Klett Center.
We hope you will be able to join our students, teachers, and staff at one or more of these events. Remember to use the hashtag #GISDVetsDay on social media to share the celebration!