New Student Enrollment 2016
Welcome to Georgetown ISD!
When is the first day of school for 2016-2017?
How do I enroll my child before the first day of school?
Prior to contacting or visiting a campus to enroll your child, please complete our Online Pre-Enrollment Application for your student(s).
What if I can't enroll my child before August 23rd (the first day of school)?
How do I determine my child's attendance zone?
What documents will I need for enrollment?
When enrolling a student for the first time in GISD, you will need to an online pre-enrollment application.
- Visit our online enrollment portal to start the pre-enrollment paperwork online.
- Birth certificate
- Social security card (optional, but helpful)
- Driver's license or photo ID for parent/guardian registering student
- Current immunization record (Click here to review immunization requirements)
- Proof of residency in GISD (rental agreement, utility bill (gas, electric, water), property tax statement, signed purchase contract)
- Withdrawal form from previous school district if transferring from a Texas school
- Most recent report card and/or transcripts*
- Additional required documentation if applying for pre-kindergarten based on qualifying criteria (see below)
* High school students will need transcripts showing all credits earned to assist in course placement. Otherwise, class registration may be delayed until official transcripts are received from previous schools.
What are the requirements for kindergarten enrollment?
Children who live in GISD attendance zones and who will be 5 years old on or before September 1st are eligible for free, full-day kindergarten. Kindergarten enrollment is offered during the spring of the preceding year, during new student registration in August, or by appointment with the school registrar.
What are the requirements for pre-kindergarten enrollment?
Children who live in GISD attendance zones who will be 4 years old on or before September 1st and meet one of the following entrance criteria are eligible to attend pre-kindergarten at no cost:
Qualify for free or reduced lunch or currently receiving SNAP(food stamps)/TANF benefits
Currently or previously in the DFPS foster-care system
Have on or both parents considered active duty military
Unable to speak or comprehend the English language