Next Week at Purl
Note from Purl Admin
You may have read a little about our Garden Build in the Williamson County Sun last week! We are so excited about bringing the community together at Purl through this Texas Sprouts project. We have partnered with Texas Sprouts and several community members to join us when planning our build date this Saturday, March 30th. Special thank you to Hewlett Cheverolet, Round Rock Hyundai, First United Methodist Church, HEB, Home Depot, girl scout and boy scout troops, and Southwestern University Big Event student volunteers just to name a few. We'd love for you to come out and help build this beautiful garden! Students will benefit from nutrition, cooking, and science classes in this additional outdoor classroom. The students have been involved in painting the bricks and getting ready for the build day. We are so thankful to the hard work put in by the garden committee, and grateful to the community for helping us make this day a success!! Hope to see you there!
Reading Strategies to Use At Home
Reading happens everywhere and impacts our lives more than we realize! Share with your child when you use reading as an adult - how does reading affect your work day? Give them examples of what you do when something doesn't make sense or when you have to reread to correct a mistake or better understand the material. Explaining how you use reading in your daily life will show your children the importance of this life skill!
Get Involved & Represent Pumas!
- Help Art for our Garden Build - Our wonderful art teacher needs help now through March 29th with the cinder blocks that will be our raised garden beds! Students will be decorating the cinder blocks during art class. If you're available between 8:15-10:45 on these dates, please email Katy Gurley.
- Texas Sprouts Garden Build - Saturday, March 30th we will have a garden build from 9am to 1pm. Please consider joining us! All students, teachers, staff, and families are welcome to help build our garden. Sign up for a fun day! Classes with the most student participation will earn a pajama day, and get a chance to earn tickets for our Fiesta!
- Purl Fiesta on April 13th - Our PTA is already gearing up for a fantastic Fiesta! This is our 2nd annual event and it is fun for the whole family. We will also be showcasing student artwork, having games for families, and you can purchase a shirt on site. Please email our PTA if you'd like to help set up for the event or if you're available to volunteer that day!
We had 173 absences and 169 tardies last week. The time change and coming back from spring break could have been culprits in difficulty getting to school on time. Let's continue working together to communicate when your child may be sick or being absent due to an appointment. Thank you for partering with us and making your child's edcation a priority!
Monday, March 25th
- C Day Specials
- Battle of the Books Practice @ 3:15
Tuesday, March 26th
- D Day Specials
- Texas Sprouts Measurements (packet of info sent home last week)
Wednesday, March 27th
- E Day Specials
- Texas Sprouts Measurements
Thursday, March 28th
- D Day Specials
- Parent Collaborative Group @ 8:15am
- Discuss transition to Middle School
- Q & A about STAAR testing
- All parents welcome!!
- STEM Scouts @ 3:15
Friday, March 29th
- E Day Specials
Saturday, March 30th
- Texas Sprouts Garden Build - sign in at the soccer field area behind Purl from 9am-1pm
- Student Council Garage Sale - sales and donations go towards our Feed the Hungry campaign
- Student Council March Madness - student basketball teams compete
SAVE THE DATE:
April 5th - Puma Reading Club
April 9th - 4th Wrting STAAR & 5th Math STAAR
April 10th - 5th Reading STAAR
April 18th through April 22nd - No School
May 3rd - Field Day