GISD Students Win Regional Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, Advance to National Competition
A number of Georgetown ISD students were honored with regional Scholastic Art and Writing Awards during the Jan. 26 awards ceremony and gallery show hosted by St. Stephen’s Episcopal School in Austin.
- Twenty-four students received Honorable Mention awards for submitting accomplished works to local programs, showing great skill and potential
- Sixteen students received Silver Key awards for stand-out work submitted to local programs that demonstrated exceptional ability
- Eight students received Gold Key awards for the very best works submitted to local programs.
The Gold Key award winners will advance to the national level of the competition, and those results will be posted on March 16.
Each year, GSID students are encouraged to participate in the regional level of the competition. This year, 1,500 entries from across the region were reviewed by a panel of professional judges. The awards are designed to recognize the vision, ingenuity and talent of our nation’s youth and provide opportunities for creative teens to be celebrated. In addition to recognition, the awards give students opportunities for exhibitions, publication and scholarships.
Since their founding, the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards have identified the early promise of notable accomplished and prolific creative leaders including Andy Warhol, Sylvia Plath, Robert Redford and more.
GISD Scholastic Art and Writing Award Winners
East View High School
- Gold Key Recipients: Jazmine Leon, Jose Montalvo
- Silver Key Recipients: Liberty Smith, Makenna Baylor, Joshua Cotsworth, Alyssa Encinia (2), Dianna Sanchez
- Honorable Mentions: Andrea Graham, Brianna Earle, Alyssa Encinia, Jonah Folks, Angie Mireles
Georgetown High School
- Gold Key Recipients: Madeline Borah, Ashley Lillian (2), Lorelei Ney, Tristen Pride, Jessica Roppolo
- Silver Key Recipients: Katelyn Brackin, Mary Fluitt, Taylor Null, Victoria Yakesch, Emma Almaraz (2), Jill Fulton, Ashley Lillian, Tristen Pride, Jenny Shaw
- Honorable Mentions: Ashlee Reed, Clara Webb, Katelyn Brackin, Tiera Flores, Grace McCartney, Margaret Phelps, Meelena Spikes (2), Alma Vallejo, Cristina Vasquez, Clara Webb, Victoria Yakesch, Jill Fulton (2), Sophie Kim, Ashley Lillian (2), Samantha Sprowl